Saturday, November 29, 2025

THE WAY OF HERMES — Part 3 The Seven Powers & The Prison of the Archons

THE WAY OF HERMES — Part 3

The Seven Powers & The Prison of the Archons

Poimandres — Illuminated Commentary (Section III)

When the soul descends into the world…
it enters the Seven Spheres —
the rulers of fate, known as Archons.

These are not monsters or demons.
They are psychological forces
that shape ordinary human life.


🜂 The Seven Powers (Archons)

ArchonControlsShadow Expression
SaturnFearParalysis
JupiterJudgmentSelf-righteousness
MarsAggressionViolence
SunEgoArrogance
VenusDesireAddiction
MercuryIntellectDeception
MoonEmotionAnxiety & illusion

When asleep, humans are puppets of these forces.

When awake, humans rise above them
and become the ones in control.


🌌 Hermetic Psychology

The Archons represent:

  • Traits we must master

  • Impulses we must balance

  • Energies we must direct intentionally

Our destiny changes the moment we
refuse to identify with these forces.

Hermetic truth:

You are not your fear.
You are not your past.
You are not your impulses.

You are the Light that observes them.


🔓 The Prison Break

Poimandres teaches Hermes:

The Archons bind only those who forget
who they are.

The instant you remember:

  • “I am a soul”

  • “I am divine Mind”

  • “I am Light”

The doors open.

The chains drop.

The rulers bow.


🔥 Modern Spiritual Application

When a fear tries to control you:
See it as Saturn trying to rule your mind.

When desire tries to overwhelm you:
Recognize Venus taking the throne.

Say:

“I am the sovereign.”

The Archons are not enemies —
they are energies to master.

They become your servants
when you remember your Light.


✨ Activation Practice

Speak internally:

“I command my inner universe.”

You will feel something click —
a shift from victim to creator.

That is the Hermetic path opening.


✍️ About the Author

Reverend Michael Cook, D.Div, is the Architect of Light and founder of the Cook Universal Ministry — a spiritually independent Hermetic-Gnostic tradition dedicated to awakening the Divine Human within all who seek the inner Light.


🔖 Tags

Archons, Seven Powers, Hermeticism, Esoteric Psychology, Spiritual Sovereignty

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE 2016 NOTEBOOKS Part Eight What I Believe Today: Looking Back at My 2016 Notebooks with New Eyes

  THE 2016 NOTEBOOKS Part Eight What I Believe Today: Looking Back at My 2016 Notebooks with New Eyes "The greatest gift my old note...